14mm F1.4 DG DN | Art
The world's first and only* lens that combines an ultra-wide angle of 14mm with a maximum aperture of F1.4.
All for the best starscape photography.
The stars in the sky are a source of inspiration for viewers. On the other hand, the starry sky is a very demanding subject for a wide-angle lens, with its numerous tiny point light sources spread over the entire image. The 14mm F1.4 DG DN | Art is the world's widest F1.4 single focal length lens*, born from our engineers' passion for capturing the widest, brightest, highest-resolution, and most captivating starry sky possible. Thanks to SIGMA’s latest technology, the lens combines an ultra-wide angle of 14mm with a maximum aperture of F1.4. In addition, SIGMA’s lens technology has achieved high optical performance with thorough correction of sagittal coma flare, specialized functions to support starry landscape photography, and high-speed AF with HLA (High-response Linear Actuator) linear motor.
The Milky Way stretching across the night sky, twinkling stars emerging over ridgelines―The 14mm F1.4 DG DN | Art can make this a reality as a pictorial image that surpasses the actual photographic experience. Its proven ability in shooting starscapes will provide new possibilities for visual expression and enjoyment in all scenes, including daytime landscapes, architecture, and indoor photography in dark and confined spaces.
*Excluding fisheye lenses, as interchangeable lenses for mirrorless cameras and SLR cameras (as of June, 2023 by SIGMA)
Ultra wide-angle 14mm with a maximum aperture of F1.4 and outstanding optical performance
This world-first performance was achieved by applying the best of SIGMA's optical technologies, from the design to the lens manufacturing process. 19 elements in 15 groups, including 1 SLD glass element, 3 FLD glass elements, and 4 aspherical lens elements, make up a luxurious lens configuration. This allows for advanced aberration correction and a high degree of precision in the lens construction. This allows both advanced aberration correction and F1.4 brightness. In particular, sagittal coma flare, which distorts the shape of stars, has been carefully corrected, and even at the widest aperture, the lens delivers high image reproducibility right to the periphery of the image. Ghosting and flare are also thoroughly addressed through both optical design and coatings. This allows for clear, crisp shooting of starry sky and night scenes. Optimized for starscapes, which require extremely high performance, this lens delivers images that exceed expectations in any scene, including landscapes, architecture snapshots, portraits, and indoor photography.
Abundant functions and accessories to support starscape photography
The 14mm F1.4 DG DN | Art is equipped with a wealth of features to support starscape photography. This fully backs up the fun of starscape photography:
- Tripod Socket - Includes a detachable tripod socket compatible with Arca-Swiss type. As the 14mm F1.4 DG DN | Art is heavier on the front side, attaching the tripod socket helps it mount on a tripod in a more stable way. The shape is designed to prevent interference even when using the lens heater.
- MFL (Manual Focus Lock) Switch - A switch to lock the manual focus at a desired position. Prevents focus shift caused by unintentional operation of the focus ring. This is useful for long time exposure photography, etc., where the focus should be fixed.
- Lens Heater Retainer - A lip at the front of the lens prevents the lens heater* from protruding into the front of the lens and causing vignetting on the periphery of the screen.
- Rear filter Holder - A rear filter holder is provided as standard equipment at the lens mount for attaching a sheet-type rear filter. A lock mechanism is also provided to prevent the filter from falling out.
- Special front cap with locking mechanism and filter slots - Includes a cover-type front cap with locking mechanism. It also has newly developed filter slots that can hold two rear filters depending on the application. The cap is specially designed for the 14mm F1.4 DG DN | Art to protect the sheet filters from scratches and dirt while ensuring that they are not mistakenly taken out or forgotten.
*A belt-shaped heater that is wrapped around the lens to prevent condensation from forming inside the lens when the temperature drops.