The Sigma 70-200 2.8 EX DG HSM OS is a large aperture telephoto zoom lens which features Sigma technology including a Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) and an Optical Stabilizer (OS). Fast, sharp and highly versatile, the 70-200mm 2.8 is a staple focal length for many types of photography including wedding photography, portrait photography, sports photography, and wildlife photography to name a few. Two FLD glass elements (with performance equal to Flourite) and 3 SLD elements (Special Low Dispersion) ensure outstanding image quality through the entire 70mm to 200mm range. An OS system compensates for camera shake when shooting handheld and a rounded 9 blade diaphragm creates beautiful bokeh. Designed for full frame cameras, the 70-200mm 2.8 will work on APS-C sensors, translating to roughly 112-320mm.
- Tech Specs
Lens Construction 22 Elements in 17 Groups Angle of View 34.3º - 12.3º Number of Diaphragm Blades 9 Mininum Aperture f22 Minimum Focusing Distance 140cm / 55.1in. Filter Size (mm) 77mm Maximum Magnifications 1:8 Dimensions
(Diameter x Length)
86.4mm x 197.6mm /3.4in. x 7.8in. Weight 1430g / 50.4oz. Corresponding Mounts Sigma HSM
HSM -Hyper-Sonic Motor
EX - EX Lens
* PENTAX SFX and SF7 cannot be used.
* The Pentax mount Tele Converter cannot be used with this particular lens.
* Nikon and Pentax mounts do not have an aperture ring. Some functions may not work depending on the camera model.
* This lens cannot be used with film SLR cameras with the exception of the Nikon F6 and Canon EOS-1v.
* For Pentax and Sony mounts, it is not possible to use the AF and the built-in OS function of this lens when attaching it to film SLR cameras as well as Pentax *ist series and K100D.
* When using the OS function of a lens with a camera which incorporates a stabilizer unit, please turn the camera's stabilizer unit off.
* The appearance, specifications, and the like of the product are subject to change for improvement without notice.
- FOCAL LENGTH SIMULATOR
The focal length changes the angle of view in an image. The longer the focal length, the smaller the angle of view and the greater the magnification.
- SIGMA LENS TECHNOLOGY
Learn about the state of the art technology put into Sigma lenses to ensure high quality images.
- LENS TELECONVERTER COMPATIBILITY CHART
Get more reach with what you have. Check the compatibility of your lens with the teleconverter chart.
- LENS CHART
Need more information on a lens? Cross reference all the specs using the lens chart.
- LENS COMPATIBILITY CHART
Check the compatibility of lenses with your camera make and model.
- LENS CHART FOR RECENTLY DISCONTINUED LENSES
Get all the information you need on discontinued lenses.
- MTF CHART GUIDE
See how a lens performed using the Modulation Transfer Function (MTF) Chart Guide. The MTF is just one criterion used to evaluate lens performance.
- FOCAL LENGTH SIMULATOR