1. SIGMA's 5th DG DN lens with an exclusive new design for full-frame mirrorless cameras
2. Uncompromising image quality
The lens construction of the SIGMA 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary comprises 16 groups and 22 elements, with one FLD and four SLDs used for the effective correction of aberrations and distortions. Built on the latest optical design technology and optimized for mirrorless systems, the new lens ensures the same high-resolution image quality all the way to the edges. In addition, it constantly achieves high levels of optical performance and makes the most of its capabilities as a zoom lens in any condition, at every focal length from wide to telephoto, and from close-up shots to telephoto photography.
Furthermore, when paired with SIGMA TELE CONVERTER TC-1411/TC-2011 (sold separately / for L-Mount only), which was newly and exclusively developed for the use with mirrorless cameras, the SIGMA 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary gives photographers a "super telephoto" angle of view with a focal length of up to 800mm while they enjoy the benefit of the compact system. Plus, AF is effective even with the teleconverter attached.
SIGMA TELE CONVERTER TC-1411／TC-2011
3. A full range of functionalities that realizes smooth and easy ultra-telephoto shooting
In addition to a high-speed and smooth AF enabled by the stepping motor optimized to the latest algorithm, the SIGMA 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary incorporates powerful image stabilization (OS) of four steps built into the lens. When combined with a camera body with image stabilization built in, the lens corrects for pitch and yaw axis rotations, providing even more powerful image stabilization.
It also features the AFL button to which the user may assign select functions on the camera side, and the focus limiter switch that allows optimizing the AF range according to the purpose of shooting.
Meanwhile, by connecting the lens to SIGMA USB DOCK (sold separately / for L-Mount only), which was newly developed exclusively for the use with mirrorless cameras, users can adjust the amount of focus movement when operating the focus ring on exclusive SIGMA Optimization Pro software, which allows users to adjust focus in their preferred timing in MF mode.
Furthermore, the SIGMA 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary supports straight zoom, which allows photographers to zoom in and out by adjusting the hood, enabling intuitive and quick view angle adjustments. It features a “Dual action zoom” which supports both straight zoom and ring zoom.
■SIGMA USB DOCK UD-11
4. Lightweight & Compact lens body
SIGMA designed a light and durable ultra-telephoto zoom lens addition to its Contemporary line.
The SIGMA 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary packs functionalities required for angles of view corresponding to focal lengths of 100-400mm in a compact, lightweight body. It is not merely about weight reduction, but the lens is durable, with careful selections to utilize the right materials in the right place. For instance, magnesium alloy is used for the part where a tripod socket is attached, which needs to be very strong.
To allow for a paring with camera bodies of different sizes, a tripod socket (sold separately) is available. As this helps reduce any strain on the camera body, photographers can shoot long hours without worrying about it. The tripod socket comes with a strap which also helps reduce strain on the mount when carrying the lens around or during transportation.
■TRIPOD SOCKET TS-111(optional)
- Lens construction: 22 elements in 16 groups, with 1 FLD and 4 SLDs
- Compatible with high-speed autofocus
- Compatible with lens-based optical correction
* Only on camera models that support this functionality. Scope of correction varies depending on camera model.
- Image stabilization (OS)
- AFL button
- Focus limiter
- Zoom lock switch
* Fixes the zoom ring at the widest end, preventing it from rotating and causing the lens barrel to extend under its own weight during transportation.
- Dust- and splash-proof bayonet
- Compatible with newly designed SIGMA TELE CONVERTER TC-1411/TC-2011 (sold separately / for L-Mount only)
* Functions as a 140-560mm F7-9 AF ultra-telephoto lens with the SIGMA TELE CONVERTER TC-1411, and as a 200-800mm F10-12.6 AF ultra-telephoto lens with the SIGMA TELE CONVERTER TC-2011.
* Autofocus mode varies depending on camera body.
- Compatible with TRIPOD SOCKET TS-111 (sold separately)
* Compatible with Arca-Swiss clamps.
* Specifications same as the tripod socket for the 105mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art lens.
* The socket not compatible with the 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Contemporary lens for SLR cameras.
- Compatible with newly designed SIGMA USB DOCK UD-11 (sold separately / for L-Mount only)
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
- Every single lens undergoes SIGMA's proprietary MTF measuring system "A1"
- 9-blade rounded diaphragm
- High-precision, durable brass bayonet mount
- "Made in Japan" craftsmanship
- Tech Specs
Lens Construction 22 elements in 16 groups, with 1 FLD and 4 SLDs Angle of View (35mm) 24.4º-6.2 º Number of Diaphragm Blades 9 Minimum Aperture F22-29 Minimum Focusing Distance 160 cm / 63 in Filter Size (mm) 67mm Maximum Magnifications 1:4.1 (at 400mm) Dimensions
(Diameter x Length)
φ86mm × 197.2mm /φ3.4 × 7.8 in. Weight 1160g/ 40.9oz. Corresponding Mounts L- Mount DN
Sony E DN
DN - Exclusively designed for Mirrorless cameras
DG - DG for Digital Full Frame and APS-C
OS - Optical Stabilizer
* The appearance, specifications, and the like of the product are subject to change for improvement without notice.
GEOMETRICAL MTF CHART
DIFFRACTION MTF CHART
- FOCAL LENGTH SIMULATOR
The focal length changes the angle of view in an image. The longer the focal length, the smaller the angle of view and the greater the magnification.
- SIGMA LENS TECHNOLOGY
Learn about the state of the art technology put into Sigma lenses to ensure high quality images.
- LENS TELECONVERTER COMPATIBILITY CHART
Get more reach with what you have. Check the compatibility of your lens with the teleconverter chart.
- LENS CHART
Need more information on a lens? Cross reference all the specs using the lens chart.
- LENS COMPATIBILITY CHART
Check the compatibility of lenses with your camera make and model.
- LENS CHART FOR RECENTLY DISCONTINUED LENSES
Get all the information you need on discontinued lenses.
- MTF CHART GUIDE
See how a lens performed using the Modulation Transfer Function (MTF) Chart Guide. The MTF is just one criterion used to evaluate lens performance.
- FOCAL LENGTH SIMULATOR