18-50mm F2.8 DC DN | Contemporary
This exceptionally small, light and bright standard zoom for crop-sensor mirrorless cameras is the ultimate workhorse lens.
SIGMA's first APS-C size mirrorless zoom lens has a versatile full-frame equivalent zoom range of 27-75mm, which makes it ideal for a wide range of photo and video applications including landscapes, portraits, street photography, architecture and events. It can also be used for macro-style close-up photography owing to its maximum magnification of 1:2.8*, which allows a minimum focusing distance of just 12.1cm. In terms of its bright F2.8 aperture, it makes for easier hand-held low-light shooting and provides a shallow depth-of-field for high-impact results.
Autofocus is exceptionally fast and quiet thanks to the stepping motor, which can be particularly useful when shooting video, or fast-moving subjects such as children and animals. The lens' exceptionally small and light form factor that weighs less than 300g makes it perfect as a first interchangeable lens for various shooting situations, as well as an ultra-compact option for full-frame bodies**.
- Smallest and lightest F2.8 zoom for APS-C mirrorless
- Full-frame equivalent zoom range of 27-75mm
- High-speed autofocus with stepping motor
- Compatible with lens aberration correction
- Minimum focusing distance of just 12.1cm
- Mount with dust and splash-resistant structure
- High-precision, durable brass bayonet mount
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting